This Week's Meeting:
If you missed last Wednesday's meeting ...
Open Networking Meeting
|Speaker's Schedule for January 2019
| 30 January -
||Maxecine Mitchell, For The Moment Event Services
|6 February -
||Dennis Pechinski, Weaver Dairy Real Estate
|13 February -
||John Teague, Chatham Real Estate Photography
|20 February -
||Open Networking Meeting
|27 February -
||Joshua Coveleski, Morgan Stanley
Keep It Simple - Attend the Leads meeting at least 50% of the time for 3 consecutive months and have an up to date member business profile in the Member's Directory. Ask Marie Snider to place you on the speakers schedule. Continue to attend at least 50% of the Leads meetings until your presentation. Continue to attend the Leads meeting to strengthen your new referral network.
The Chapel Hill Leads Group regularly scheduled weekly meeting is held every Wednesday morning at Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce, 104 South Estes Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. Meeting Dues are $5.00 per week. Place your business card and $1.00 in the Optional Drawing. One card will be selected and that person will receive the week's kitty. For Express Check-In, please arrive with a $5.00, a $1.00, and a business card and we will check you in. We greatly appreciate your bringing correct change. We cannot change large denomination bills ($10, $20, $50, etc.) and cannot accept checks.
EXPO OPPORTUNITIES - Each week arrangements have been made for you to show your products. Two (2) tables are available for this "mini-expo". Do not miss the opportunity to display your products or services so that your fellow Leads members can see what it is you do!
Chapel Hill Leads Group Inclement Weather Procedure
What weather conditions will cancel a CHLG Wednesday meeting?
Any weather conditions causing the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools to cancel or impose a 2 hour opening delay on Wednesday, will cancel the CHLG meeting for that Wednesday. Weather conditions include, but are not limited to, tropical storms and hurricanes, snow, and icy roads.
What is the procedure for when school is not in session?
These represent general guidelines. Under all conditions, if you feel that the weather conditions in your area make travel hazardous, Stay Safe - Stay Home.
Which months are most likely to have inclement weather?
- Hurricane season is from late August to mid November.
- Winter months from mid December through March
How do I know if the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City schools are closed or on delayed opening?
- Visit the Chapel Hill Leads Group website for the current status of the Wednesday meeting.
- Join Chapel Hill Leads Group on Facebook to receive notices concerning the status of the Wednesday meeting.
- Visit the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City school website [http://www.chccs.k12.nc.us/] and check the District Alert post on the home page.
- Visit WRAL Weather, school closing [http://www.wral.com/weather/closings/] and check the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City school status. On this page you can sign up to receive an email from WRAL when there is a change in status to the schools closing status.
Did You Know:
From: Lee Schearer,
To: My Fellow Chapel Hill Leads Group Members
"Your Effective Presentation"
The two aspects of making a memorable presentation are identified in the booklet by Dale Carnegie titled Effective Speaking and Human Relations and ones that I encourage our members to consider. They are:
- Be yourself, speak about why and how you decided to choose your career.
- Become a more interesting person. Use animation, gestures, vocal tones and emotions when you speak. also, objects that represent your occupation, things that your audience can touch, feel and observe. These will not only wake up your audience, they will make them remember you and your business. Remember, you only have one chance to make a first impression..
I invite you to join me this Wednesday morning with other business owners and to witness for yourself why, the Chapel Hill Leads Group is the premier business referral group in the region. Remember to bring, along with business cards, a smile on your face, a song on your mind and an attitude of gratitude for the life you have and the opportunities available within our great nation.
Support the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
Attention CHLG Members - The Chapel Hill Leads Group's goal is to raise 100+ boxes of cereal a month. If everyone brought one box of cereal to two meetings this month, the Chapel Hill Leads Group would easily exceed the 100 boxes of cereal goal.
Networking In Your Neighborhood
There are several other Triangle Area Leads Groups available. These groups meet on different days of the week and at different times of the day. They provide the business person a more focused access to the local market. Try one of these other area leads groups soon.